|Vacancy: || Brooks Applied Labs, Bothell, WA, USA: Research Chemist|
Posting date: 24.07.2021
|Type: || Postdoctoral fellowships |
Brooks Applied Labs (BAL), an analytical laboratory in the Seattle area specializing in trace metals and speciation analysis, has a unique Research Chemist opportunity available. This position offers the opportunity to work in a commercial laboratory while pursuing individual research related to the analytical chemistry using Laser Ablation and Multi Collector ICPMS.
As a Research Chemist, you will be primarily responsible for the Laser Ablation and/or Multi Collector ICPMS systems in our lab. You are expected to direct and/or perform research on these instruments and publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific publications. You will also work closely with academics and our clients to solve their analytical problems.
- PhD in chemistry, environmental science, or a closely-related field with a proven track record of publications on Laser Ablation or Multi Collector ICPMS.
- At least 5 years of experience with Laser Ablation systems and/or Multi Collector ICP-MS is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in purification of elements from complex matrices for MC-ICP-MS
- Proven experience in quantitative bulk analysis and/or elemental imaging using LA-ICP-MS.
- Familiarity with speciation using chromatographic techniques, such as IC/LC-ICP-MS or GC-ICP-MS, is a big plus.
- Experience with EPA Methods and QA/QC protocols required.
- Ability to multi-task and stay on top of many projects at the same time.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Must show ability to work in groups and ability to be a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our employees reflect our core values of creating a nurturing culture, striving for excellence and integrity in the work we produce, and contributing to a collaborative work environment.
It is the policy of BAL not to discriminate in hiring, promoting, subcontracting, or in any other way discriminate against persons based upon gender, religion, race, national origin, color, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, sensory/mental/physical disability or serious medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth-related medical condition, breastfeeding status, citizenship status, military status, or any other classifications protected by state or federal law.
This is a full-time position in which the employee will be eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period.
Please see our website (www.brooksapplied.com) for more information about our company. Please send resume and cover letter to