The main purpose of the 16th International Symposium on Trace Elements in Man and Animals (TEMA16) is consolidation of interaction between scientists and experts in the field of trace element research. A wide diversity of topics from methodological aspects of trace element analysis in living species and samples to practical use of trace elements in agriculture and medicine will attract a broad audience of specialists. Relevant reports of research on the role of trace elements in human and animal biology will be presented within the bounds of the Symposium. A special emphasis will be devoted to the problem of trace element transfer in food chains.
26.06.2017 - 29.06.2017
Alexey A. Tinkov
Participation in the Symposium
Ida S. Baikova
+7 (926) 493-35-40
+7 (499) 390-34-38
Sponsorship & Exhibition
Ilya V. Gudovich
+7 (916) 528-71-05
+7 (499) 390-34-38
Conference web site at:
Generally, the goals of TEMA16 are:
- Maintenance of progress in the field of trace element research;
- Scientific experience exchange between researchers working on different aspects of microelementology;
- Providing an appropriate base for knowledge transfer from theoretical microelementology to practice.
A broad audience of specialists is offered to take part in the 16th International Symposium on Trace Elements in Man and Animals (TEMA16):
- specialists in the field of analytical chemistry dealing with trace element analysis (especially in biological substances);
- researchers working on fundamental problems of microelementology;
- physicians and veterinarians working with trace element preparations in treatment of various diseases and impaired trace element homeostasis;
- representatives of pharmaceutical companies dealing with development and realization of trace element preparations;
- producers of laboratory equipment and test systems for trace element analysis.
- Methodology of trace element research
- Novel analytical techniques for trace element research;
- Adequate biomarkers for trace element status;
- Novel models and model systems for trace element research.
- Trace elements in the environment
- Trace elements and environmental health;
- Trace element toxicology;
- Occupational health: the role of trace elements.
- Fundamental aspects of trace element biology
- Absorption, transport, deposition and excretion of trace elements in living systems;
- Trace elements in cellular signaling pathways;
- The role of trace elements in cellular division, growth, differentiation and death;
- Trace elements and stress-mediating systems.
- Trace elements in human and animal health and disease
- Trace elements in immunity and immunopathology;
- The role of trace elements in endocrine regulation of functions and metabolic diseases;
- Trace elements in musculoskeletal system and traumatic diseases;
- Nervous system and trace element balance;
- The role of trace elements of reproductive function and health.
- Trace element supplementation in medicine, veterinary and agriculture
- Technological and methodological aspects of trace element supplementation;
- Trace element balance modification in veterinary;
- Trace element status modification in medicine;
- Trace element supplementation in enhancement of efficiency in agriculture.
|January 31,2017||Submission of abstracts |
|February 15,2017||Notification of acceptance |
|March 1,2017||Early registration at reduced fee |