Speciation analysis applied to industrial issues: Waste management, Semi-conductors, Petroleum products, Car and electroplating industries, Cement industries, Mining industries
Industrial processes are looking for cost effectiveness. Using the speciated information with regards to the chemical species involved in industrial process or environmental related issues always translate to improve overall management. In many instances, evolution of legislation requires lowering the amount of chemical species used in the industrial process. Nowadays, instrumentation and sample preparation allows determining most of the species of industrial interest in routine configuration providing cost effectiveness, return on investment and objective risk assessment.
The objective of this course is to provide an in depth overview of the legislative aspect related to major industrial sectors where speciation is of concern and have hand-on experienced with routine instrumentation to improve industrial procedures. The example selected from different industrial applications will provide the attendees with a global understanding of speciation analysis.
05.12.2005 - 08.12.2005
Olivier Donard/Fabienne Séby
LCABIE – CNRS UMR 5034
2, Av. du Pr. Angot
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Legislative aspects where speciation is of relevance
- Speciation in air:industrial hygiene, semi conductor industry
- Speciation in combusted wastes: incineration
- Gas sampling and handling
- Determination by GC-ICP/MS
- Strategies of species identification
- Speciation in petroleum products (Hg, As, other species)
- Sample preparation
- Determination by GC/ICP/MS
- Speciation of Cr applied to the car and the cement industry
- Speciation of Cr in the electroplating industry
- Sample preparation and determination by HPLC-ICP/MS or AES
- Speciation of As, Hg, Cr, Sn, Pb in polluted soils
- Sample preparation and determination by HPLC/ICP/MS or AES or GC-ICP/MS
- Specific approaches for risk assessment: sequential extraction and selective leaching procedures.
Max. number of participants: 12
Fee: 1500 €
For registration please download the information flyer incl. registration form, fill in the registration form and fax the signed form not later than November 7th 2005. Please understand that the number of participants is very limited and therefore early registration is recommended.
There are different classes of hotels available in Pau. You should book your hotel yourself after having received confirmation for your participation by the course organizer.
Hotels in Pau
How to find LCABIE
|November 7,2005||Registration |