conference seeks to be a forum for the discussion of all aspects of
forensic isotope ratio analysis (light, radiogenic, and
non-traditional) by sharing information on case studies as well as
basic analytical science and underpinning eco-geo-climatological
spatial mapping and modeling.
We solicit presentations on the following themes, but topics outside of these themes will be considered.
- Case studies in which isotope ratios have been employed in the investigation and/or prosecution of a crime;
- Use of isotope ratio analyses to demonstrate trafficking in exotic animals or animal products;
- Use of isotope ratios to trace sources of food for health and safety reasons as well as authenticity;
- Isotope composition of human tissues for provenance estimation—with an emphasis on physiological studies;
- Applications in which trace element analyses complement forensic isotope approaches;
Use of isotope ratio analyses in the forensic investigation of
contraband materials (counterfeit currency, narcotics, explosives); and
- Technical innovations in isotope ratio mass spectrometry and isotope ratio spectroscopy.
The conference will be a combination of oral and poster presentations as well as panel discussions.