The flexible and reliable workhorse for all your HPLC requirements
Alliance HPLC Systems have been continually expanded and perfected to accommodate an enormous range of real world, problem-solving HPLC separation challenges.
The Alliance HPLC System is built around the 2695 Separations Module, which offers integrated solvent and sample management. The 2695 is designed to work with both Empower and MassLynx software, the complete range of Waters HPLC column chemistries and formats, including Intelligent Speed (IS), Symmetry, XBridge and XTerra columns, and a variety of detectors, from UV-visible to single- to triple-quadrupole mass spectrometers.
The Alliance HPLC System features:
- Integrated solvent and sample management functions that ensure consistent system-to-system performance and high reproducibility
- Alliance HPLC Systems can run with Empower Software for HPLC and LC/MS and with MassLynx for LC/MS or LC/MS/MS, enabling to you control operating parameters, and capture, process and store results data from a personal or networked computer
- A large, intuitive, LCD-based user interface on the 2695 Separations Module allows rapid system set-up through AutoStartPLUS routines that streamline daily startups
- Alliance Systems and columns are manufactured to a rigid set of performance specifications, allowing you to confidently transfer a method between instruments and still get consistent results, unit to unit and lab to lab
- Improved control of your column environment via a column heater or heater/cooler, allowing you to control temperatures whether you’re using single or multiple columns
- Integrated column switching valves permit rapid column selection, enabling unattended method development
- Physical design that provides easy, tool-free access to pistons, seals, and the piston seal-wash as well as the lower needle-wash seal of the sample manager
Alliance LC and LC/MS systems set the standard for reliability and performance in today's laboratories that are pressured to run samples, around the clock, with unsurpassed accuracy.
2695 Separations Module
The heart of the Alliance System is the 2695 Separations Module and its integrated solvent and sample management configuration.
The 2695 Separations Module’s solvent management system degasses and blends up to four chromatographic solvents in precise proportions for smooth, pulse-free solvent delivery, while the latest PerformancePLUS check-valve technology assures minimal downtime.
Solvent management features:
- Serial flow path with only two inlet check valves, reducing complexity and enhancing overall ruggedness
- Vacuum degassing using ultra-high efficiency second-generation polymer membrane technology
- Precise low-pressure quaternary blending (first in-first out) for highly reproducible gradient profiles across the flow range
- Independently driven pistons produce pulse-free solvent flow without use of pulse dampeners
- Fixed delay volume (regardless of system back pressure) for consistent, predictable chromatography
- A programmable flow rate range that covers two orders of magnitude (from 50 microliters to five milliliters per minute) without the need for hardware modifications
- Tool-free routine maintenance on plungers/seals/seal-wash
- An automated active plunger seal wash is standard on all Alliance HPLC Systems
Up to 120 industry-standard vials can be accommodated in the 2695 Separations Module’s five individual sample carousels. Sample queues are quick to set up—whether it’s just one sample or a sequence of multiple methods from different analysts.
Sample management features:
- Reproducible injections from one to hundreds of microliters—compatible with any analytical scale LC column chemistry
- Variable volume injections with no need to swap loops for analytical methods
- Carryover management via a programmable needle wash cycle and an active needle wash solution (without wash vials)
- Programmable inject-needle height that accommodates various vial geometries and takes into account vial bottom thickness
- Programmable syringe draw rate for viscous samples/solvents
- Five independent carousels: Run samples in one carousel while prepping the next sequence in another, enabling new samples/carousels to be added into the system—without disturbing the ongoing sample queue
- Sampling routines for automated reference peak addition or automated pre-column derivitization procedures
- Tool-free lower seal-wash frit and injection syringe replacement, for easy routine maintenance