The Varian AA140 is a mid-range instruments which offers a high level of automation and easy-to-use software. The PC-controlled single beam AA140 AA systems combine the rugged and reliable hardware of the SpectrAA 50/55 with our acclaimed Windows based worksheet software. Use multi-tasking capabilities to start today's analysis while simultaneously preparing a report on yesterday's results. Imagine the productivity improvements that you will achieve by performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
And of course, the AA140 can be fitted with the full range of Varian AA accessories to provide extra capabilities. For example, shown at right is the Varian AA240 with optional Vapour Generation Accessory (VGA-77) and ETC-60 accessory. The ETC-60 enhances productivity of hydride generation AA by providing unattended, flameless atomization of the hydride elements.
Without high performance hardware, the best user interface in the world will not produce the right answers. The Varian AA series has been specifically designed to ensure you get the best quality results possible, now and in the future.
The Varian AA140 can be tailored to your needs and budget. Options for automating the systems include:
- fully automatic wavelength and slit selection simplifies operation, even for novice users
- four fixed lamp positions that make lamp changes quick and reliable
a 'next lamp' warm-up facility that saves analysis time
The high intensity deuterium background corrector features:
- a fast 2 ms response time, ensuring accurate correction of transient background signals
- the ability to adjust or replace the lamp without removing the instrument covers
The world's leading flame atomization system
The Varian AA140 is fitted with the Mark 7 flame atomization system as standard. The Mark 7 spraychamber is extremely simple to use, with 'twist and lock' assembly and plastic components for durability. The Mark 7 burner continues Varian's long tradition of burner excellence.
Ideal for rugged environments
No matter what your environment, the Varian AA140 has features to suit:
- completely sealed optics with quartz overcoated mirrors offer protection in dusty or corrosive environment
- the air purge system is fitted inside the instrument, eliminating the chance of corrosion in rugged or corrosive environments.
- Reducing the cost of ownership
The Varian AA140 has been designed with cost of ownership in mind, ensuring you can get and keep your lab up and running faster:
- comprehensive diagnostic assist rapid troubleshooting and fault diagnosis, maximizing instrument uptime
- Varian's Telediagnostics option connects you to our worldwide network of support personnel for online assistance
Like the SpectrAA 50/55, the Varian AA140 can be easily upgraded at any time. If you need improved productivity, even the manual single beam system can be upgraded to a fully automated Fast Sequential AA240 FS system.