Conventional liquid handling instrumentation is inherently difficult to employ and is often limited by potential issues of waste, cross-contamination and dispensing accuracy. The Alchemist II is a unique liquid handling system designed for the easy, accurate and rapid production of complex liquid formulations produced from individual stock solutions of various chemical and liquid properties. With a CV of less than 2%, your liquid formulations are produced accurately and reliably. The distinctive design of the system and stock solution vessels insures that you are able to dispense chemicals without waste or cross-contamination. The open architecture, along with barcode tracking of stock solutions, enables you to quickly and effortlessly design and setup your process.
Perform complex liquid handling automatically
The Alchemist II Tapper™ technology enables you to dispense stock solutions of varying viscosities and chemical properties down to 1 μl with a total CV of less than 2%. For accurate dispensing of viscous solutions, the Alchemist II uses positive displacement pipettes. The Alchemist II ensures that you will have reliable and repeatable results, enabling you to produce simple and complex formulations from any combination of stock solutions.
Produce liquid formulations without waste or cross contamination
The Alchemist II employs the patented Seal-tight BirdFeeder™ technology, minimizing chemical evaporation and allowing for simple stock solution management. With a single, dedicated syringe for each and every stock solution, you can be completely confident that there is absolutely no cross-contamination. The reusable Seal-tight BirdFeeders incorporate a single-start, threaded design that enables you to store your stock solutions for extended periods of time. The Alchemist II does not utilize pumps or tubing, thereby eliminating priming or cleaning and the waste traditionally associated with the production of liquid formulations.
Predict your throughput
The Seal-tight BirdFeeders are pre-barcoded, allowing your stock solutions to be quickly added or exchanged on the deck for fast system setup for your process. Simply scan and go. Stock management tools and barcode tracking ensure that the correct stock solutions and necessary volumes of solutions are available on the deck before any formulation is produced.
The Alchemist II provides you with a flexible, automated liquid handling platform that can tackle diverse applications including manufacturing, plate preparation, assay development and the production of simple or complex chemical cocktails. Complete automation of liquid handling dramatically improves throughput and provides consistent production levels. The Alchemist II can be mated with other Rigaku Automation modules for unattended high-throughput applications.
- Small molecule crystallography
- Genetic Barcoding
- PCR: template transfers, cocktail addition
- HTS: reagent addition
- Assay development
- Protein crystallography: screen making cryo-cocktails
- Cell-based assays: cell plating, cell dosing
- Bead-based assays: SPA, YOx, polystyrene bead assays
- Small-to-large batch chemical compound production
- Paints and pigments: colorant addition
- Holds up to 72 barcoded stock solutions
- Seal-tight BirdFeeders are compatible with 125 ml or 250 ml Nalgene bottles
- Chemically resistant sterilized polypropylene BirdFeeders
- Multiple BirdFeeder sizes and syringe sizes
- Industry-leading accuracy with the new Tapper technology
- Precise and accurate liquid dispensing in a volume range of 1 μl to 10 ml
- Non-contact, positive displacement pipetting
- Fast and easy to set up and cleaning
- No pumps, no tubing, and no cross-contamination
- Barcoded stock usage tracking
- Reliable storage of chemical stocks in Seal-tight BirdFeeder
- Optional deep well block stacker allows users to run multiple blocks in succession without having to swap blocks or plates between runs
- Dispensing in to various media and vessels including deep well blocks, plates, etc.