JM Science Inc. - HG-310 Mercury Analyzer
| Year of introduction
JM Science Inc.
Dedicated Analyzer: Mercury
The HG-310 is a mercury analyzer that provides a highly sensitive measurement with a small amount of sample. The unit also reduces reagent volumes and comes with a simplified maintenance scheme based on a newly designed optical system combined with the optimization of the measurement path.
A large LCD screen displays real-time absorbance curves, calibration plots and method parameters thus improving the user interface.
Sophisticated software provides functions to handle various convenient files such as measurement condition files and result files, GLP function. RS-232C interface with optional data acquisition software to edit and reevaluate data on your PC. A wide range of options and accessories allows end users to easily configure an analyzer that meets or exceeds expectations. Easily upgradable too!
The photograph above shows HG-310 unit equipped with the optional dispenser and printer.
- High sensitivity with lower detection down to 1 ppt: Thanks to the newly designed optical system and improved measurement path, the HG-310 delivers high sensitivity of 1/500 of MCL (0.0005mg/L) which is the world.s most strict environmental guideline (Japanese).
- Reduced sample and reagent consumption: Smaller sample and reagent consumption also reduces waste and consequently reduces the cost to your laboratory by a factor of four.
- GLP function gives reliable results: GLP compliant function offers system maintenance information such as total time of mercury lamp in use, accumulated dispense volume from the dispenser, and alerts for low reagent remaining.
- Comes standard with expandable interface: Equipped with RS-232C interface, edit and reevaluation of data is possible on your PC (optional data acquisition software is required). In addition, data can be transferred to the HITACHI Polarized Zeeman Atomic Absorption spectrophotometer Z-5000 Series and it supports the management of AAS system.
Cold Vapor atomic absorption spectrometry
(Conformance to JIS K 0102 Plant, 66.1)
Sample volume for measurement
Detection concentration range
0 to 100 ppb (0 to 500 ng/5 m L)
1 ppt (0.005 ng/5 mL)
CV 3 % (in 1 ng/5 mL measurement, n = 6)
Special test tube
Electronic cooling method
Mercury collection method
Collection by activated charcoal
Quartz absorption cell
Low pressure mercury lamp
(1) Peak Height mode
(2) Integration mode
Multi point calibration curves (Up to 6 points) Up to 6 calibration curves can be stored.
Number of measurement
Approximately 50 specimens (when measurement period for 1 specimen is 6 minutes)
(1) Concentration calculation
(ng, ppt, ppb, ppm, blg/L)
(2) Statistical calculation
(average value, standard deviation, coefficient of variation)
(re-calculation by changes in sample volume, unit, and/or collection rate)
Measurement condition file for each sample, 99 files
Measurement condition files, 6 files
DC 0 to 1 V (variable span setting)
RS-232C data output
GLP supporting functions
(1) Total period of lamp use
(2) Total period of air supply pump
(3) Total period of activated charcoaluse
(4) Accumulated dispense volume from dispenser (optional) and warning for remaining reagent
Main unit (without optional dispenser and printer): 250W x 360D x 380H (mm) Approx. 12 kg
Foaming Detection Unit
Contamination of measurement cell by foaming of sample can be prevented. The system can be set to stop measurement by foam detection.