Bruker Daltonics - HCT/HCTplus
| Year of introduction
historical ( out of sale )
Hyphenated Techniques: LC-MS
Mass spectrometer: ESI-MS
Mass spectrometer: LC-MS
|Aiming for high productivity and success in LC-MS, your requirements are:
- Maximum LC-MSn information from your samples.
- Ultrasensitive measurements.
- Smooth data handling and mining.
- Intelligent data interpretation and visualization
The HCT LC-MSn system perfectly answers these needs. Our next-generation high capacity ion trap (HCT) mass spectrometer offers dramatically improved performance for proteomics, metabolite profi ling and other demanding LC-MSn applications:
- Speed: Ultra-fast acquisition of MS and MS/MS data across the fastest of HPLC peaks in real-time LC-MSn
- Sensitivity: Low attomole/femtogram sensitivity
- Spectral information: Superb quality of single mass spectra in combination with unique scan modes
- Dynamic range: High in-scan dynamic range for identification of low abundance compounds in biological samples. All embedded in a software environment tailored for proteomics and metabolite profiling.
New, fast scan rates enable real-time LC-MSn across the fastest of HPLC peaks.
The breakthrough UltraScan™ mode provides full scan MS and MS/MS spectra at a speed of 26,000 amu/sec with better than unit resolution. The Fast Enhanced Mode allows reliable charge state recognition of charges up to 3+, with a mass accuracy better than any quadrupole ion trap. PeptideScan™ combines these two scan modes for fast peptide separations. Full scan MS are acquired in the Fast Enhanced scan, while AutoMS/MS scans are performed using the faster UltraScan.
This ultra-fast data acquisition delivers more productivity for your application:
- High-quality data even from trace components, as more MS/MS spectra are averaged across an LC peak.
- On-line, real-time LC-MSn from complex samples, as there is enough time for full scan MS and data-dependent MS/MS spectra acquisition within a single LC-MS run.
Substantially improved ion storage capacity provides highest sensitivity for protein and metabolite research.
The new trap geometry of the HCT enables a 10-fold higher ion storage capacity over older trap designs – providing the highest sensitivity of all ion traps in both full scan MS and MS/MS.
This sensitivity directly translates into
Moreover, the supreme sensitivity in full scan MS mode is the prerequisite for on-the-fly data-dependent acquisition of LC-MS/MS data even on trace compounds.
- More certainty in protein identification and characterization through enhanced sequence coverage.
- Discovery of low abundance peptides and proteins, like phosphopeptides.
- More confidence in identification of trace metabolites.
- Better quantitation results.
Excellent Spectral Information
Unrivaled quality of MS and MS/MS spectra – in terms of mass resolution, sensitivity and accuracy throughout a wide mass range.
Broad Dynamic Range
- Superior mass resolution at high scan speed and in reproducible single scans.
- Best mass accuracy of all ion traps for fast protein database searches and successful de novo sequencing.
- Superior mass range: The standard mass range reaches up to m/z 3000 for both MS and MS/MS, which is a very desirable feature for proteomics. The extended mass range up to m/z 6000 is essential for AP-MALDI applications.
- Unparalleled MSn capabilities for detailed structural investigations: Manual MSn up to MS11, AutoMSn up to MS5.
Intelligent acquisition controls generate high quality spectra from both the highest and lowest level compounds.
SmartICC*, our new, patented dynamic ion charge control, ensures high trapping effi ciency in any situation: in full scan MS and data-dependent MS/MS, with high and low-level compounds, and with any mass distribution. An intensive ion beam from the orthogonal ESI source keeps the accumulation time low; no time is wasted by pre-scans.
This leads to a superior in-scan dynamic range of about 103, enabling the simultaneous measurement of major and minor components in real-life biological samples.
* U.S. Patent No. 6,600,154
Superior HCT technology
- Non-linear quadrupole high capacity trap with patented SmartICC directing optimal ion storage.
- Unparalleled combination of resolution, scan speed, and mass range in MS and MSn.
- Best mass accuracy of all ion traps.
- Best MS and MS/MS sensitivity of all ion traps.
- Fast Polarity Switching for on-the-fly acquisition of positive and negative ions.
- SmartFrag™ creates reproducible MS/MS spectra for successful MS/MS library search.
AutoMSn tree experiments with up to 30 MS precursor ions and 5 fragment ions per stage.
- Full scan MS and MS/MS in all scan modes for sensitive and fast analysis of unknown compounds.
- Neutral loss scans e.g. for determination of protein modifications.
- Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) with MS/MS and MS3.
- Manual MSn up to MS11 in all scan modes.
Triple Play experiments without time consuming "charge-state determination-scan".
All types of data-dependent experiments, including preferred mass list for automated feedback experiments from MetaboliteTools and PROTEINEER.
- Integrated LC-MS control provided for:
- Agilent 1100 HPLC series, Capillary LC, nanoLC
- Waters Alliance HPLC series, CapLC, PDA
- LC Packings nanoLC systems (1D and 2D)
- Gilson 215 Autosampler/Fraction Collector
- Spark Endurance Autosampler
- CTC PAL Autosampler
COMPASS™ Software Features
- ESI, APCI, APPI
- Online/Offline NanoElectrospray
- Smart CE-MS coupling with grounded needle
Integrated LC-MS control and data processing, including HyStar™, esquireControl™, DataAnalysis™, QuantAnalysis™, LibrarySearch™ modules.
MetaboliteTools™ software for metabolite identification
BioTools™/RapiDeNovo™ software for protein data interpretation
ProteinScape™ database system for proteome project management
ACD Labs MS Manager