The Association of Greek Chemists is the chemical society of Greek Chemists. It was founded in 1924, is a legal authority under the supervision of the Ministry of Development , and is, according to its constitutional law, an official advisor to the state on Chemistry matters.
Its aim is to promote the science of Chemistry in industry, education and research within the country and abroad, and thus contribute to the economic, social and cultural development of Greece. Also, its goal is to promote the chemical profession in the country, protect the benefits and the professional rights of chemists, and contribute to the collaboration and solidarity among its members.
The Association of Greek Chemists has approximately 14000 registered members who are all University graduates and is the only scientific organization that is representing legally the Greek Chemists in state committees in the country and abroad.
Its activities are traditionally connected with the academic, scientific and professional life: organizing scientific and professional events, meetings, conferences, symposia, seminars and courses. The AGC publishes the monthly journal Chimika Chronika, first published in 1936, a general edition in Greek which is distributed to all registered members. The Society participates through its representatives to a number of National councils such as:
- The Supreme Chemistry Council
- The National Council of Accreditation
- The National Advisory Board on Research
- The National Council on Health and Safety
- The National Council of Certification
- The National Council of Higher Education
- The National Council of Quality and Development Å
- The National Council of Recognition of Professional Equivalence of titles of Universities
- The National Council of Policy of Food's Control
and various national committees such as:
- Committee on Energy and Environment
- Committee on the Curriculum of High School Chemistry
- Committee on Explosives
- Various Technical Committees of the National Standardazation Organisation etc.
- AGC is a member of FECS and IUPAC participating in their various committees.