|Vacancy: || Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria: TecEUS – Technology-critical Elements in Urban Spheres|
Posting date: 03.04.2020
Montanuniversität Leoben is offering a PhD position with the topic: Technology-critical elements in urban spheres’ in the field of analytical chemistry with a strong focus on mass spectrometry in a young
team within a highly transdisciplinary FWF-funded project.
Extent of employment: 30 hours per week. Classification under the collective agreement of the university: B1;
Gross monthly salary (depending on previous experience) at least: € 2.196,80 (additionally we offer an attractive personnel development program and social benefits)
Duration of employment: Three years. Start anytime.
Workplace: Mainly MUL Leoben, Austria; Occasionally BOKU Vienna, Austria
The successful candidate will develop analytical methods to quantify TCEs in environmental sample matrices based on ICP-MS techniques, both based on solution analysis as well as imaging techniques by laser-based techniques. The student will be in charge of sample preparation, method development and analysis. The candidate will be involved in project coordination, field and laboratory experiments related to urban greening and data processing,
as well. The publication of the results in peer reviewed scientific journals is obligatory. The PhD student will be supervised by the project leader Dr. Johanna Irrgeher.
- You have a Master’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent degree in Natural Sciences with a strong background in Analytical Chemistry
- You are enthusiastic and highly motivated
- You are a team player with excellent (English) communication skills and are motivated to work in a collaborative project with other PhD students
- You have excellent skills in scientific writing
- You are well-structured and willing to take over responsibility in project coordination and management
- You have a strong interest in analytical chemistry and mass spectrometry
- Experience with trace element and isotope ratio analysis by ICP-MS is an asset
Please send us your CV, transcript of records, a one-page motivation letter and 1-2 letters of recommendation (if available). Montanuniversität Leoben seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore, qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favor.