|Vacancy: || Europe: Mercury Biogeochemistry|
Posting date: 06.12.2019
The EU H2020 programme is financing a Marie-Curie training network on 'mercury biogeochemistry' over the next four years (2020-2023). A total of 15 PhD positions are open throughout Europe on a variety of topics, some including ICPMS or mass spectrometry.
The training network topics are:
- PhD 1: Understanding atmospheric Hg redox transformations
from novel field observations and 3D atmospheric Hg models.
- PhD 2: New experimental constraints on atmospheric Hg
- PhD 3: Combining carbon, hydrogen and Hg compound
specific isotope analysis to understand MMHg origin.
- PhD 4: Marine Hg species dynamics and distribution.
- PhD 5: MMHg sources in coastal ecosystem: new molecular
and isotopic experimental speciation approaches.
- PhD 6: BioconcentrationUptake, bioconcentration and
biomagnificationbiomagnification of mercury into phyto- and
- PhD 7: The role of terrestrial Hg in coastal and open
- PhD 8: Release of mercury from thawing permafrost.
- PhD 9: Terrestrial Hg pools inter-compartmental
- PhD 10: Traceability of Hg speciation measurements in the
- PhD 11: Innovative nano-biosensors detecting. MMHg
- PhD 12: Regional 3D atmosphere and ocean models to
quantify the impact of oceanic sources on the regional Hg budget.
- PhD 13: Modelling methylation and bio-accumulation of Hg
in the marine environment.
- PhD 14: Exploration of long-term observational data sets
to examine ocean/atmosphere exchange processes of Hg.
- PhD 15: Global Hg modelling to test scenarios and Hg
More information and application: https://www.gmos-train.eu/esr/projects/