|Vacancy: || Nestle, Lausanne, Switzerland: Minerals & Metals Specialist|
Posting date: 05.12.2019
|Type: || Other ( permanent ) positions |
Nestlé Research is seeking a Minerals & Metals Specialist to support its research strategy.
Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Full-time, Act. Rate 100 %
Starting date: as soon as possible
As a scientist in inorganic analysis, you will lead analytical developments and projects related to mineral determination in food and biofluids.
In-depth knowledge on important role of minerals in biological system and strong expertise in minerals analytics, speciation in biofluids & food products, isotopic dilution and/or metallomics are key competencies to strengthen the R&D strategy.
A day in a life of a Minerals & Metals Specialist:
- Lead and execute analytical development and research projects
- Contribute to Nestlé R&D projects where mineral profiling or inorganic analysis are needed (internally or within external collaboration)
- Provide inorganic analyses and mineral nutrition expertise & assistance for Operations and R&D (in collaboration with R&D Centres, R&D Networks & Markets)
- Propose new analytical and/or product development related to nutrition & minerals
- Develop Nestle external network & collaboration in the field of expertise
- Coach juniors scientists/technicians/Master students
What makes you successful:
- PhD (or Master with strong experience) in Inorganic Analytical Chemistry with strong technical competencies on ICP-MS techniques (e.g. speciation, isotopic dilution, biofluid analysis, food analysis…)
- Knowledge and competencies in bio-inorganic chemistry, metallomics, importance and role of minerals, metals and metalloids in biological systems
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in running scientific activities and projects in the field of expertise
- Previous experience working in cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills in English (written/oral)
- Experience in basic Project management
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Please send your application via the website at: