|Vacancy: || AGILENT: Application Engineer |
Posting date: 09.08.2017
|Type: || Other ( permanent ) positions |
Agilent is seeking an enthusiastic, people-oriented pre-sales Application Scientist. You will closely work with the sales organization across EMEA.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek – so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The EMEA Atomic Spectroscopy Team is a multicultural work environment with several business functions working intimately with sales channels and customers to achieve Agilent's business goals.
In our demonstration labs, we showcase our analytical instrumentats to our customers and our team of application scientists is leading scientific expertise within the Agilent organization.
In your role as Application Scientist you will:
- Perform sample measurements and customer demonstrations on our atomic spectroscopy instruments and solutions across a broad range of applications
- Interact with our atomic spectroscopy R&D units in Japan and Melbourne to address current technologies / applications and to incorporate EMEA requirements into upcoming products.
- Provide post sales technical expertise in conjunction with Agilent's support team to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and position Agilent as a leader in atomic spectroscopy.
- Deliver customer training classes and specific one-to-one consulting related to the customer's application.
- Maintain and expand critical domain knowledge including latest scientific findings, market & technology trends, industry benchmarks & regulations, competitive positioning.
- Participate in the design and delivery of sales trainings, customer workshops and scientific events (e.g. as speaker during conferences, seminars) in close collaboration with the EMEA Marketing Managers.
- Bachelors or Master Degree or equivalent (PhD preferred).
- Requires minimum 3 years experience of operating an AA, ICP-OES ad/or ICP-MS. Hands-on experience performing metals analysis at trace levels.
- Strong computer skills and excellent technical written and oral presentation skills are essential.
- Fluent english speaker is mandatory. Knowledge of another language is a plus.
- Must be a good team player, and able to meet deadlines while handling several different projects simultaneously.
- Requires ability for frequent travel within assigned region.
Business: Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group
Job Category: Marketing
Job Sub-Category: Application Dev Engineer/Scientist
Country or Area: Germany
State/Province: Baden Württemberg
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Experienced
Travel Required: Yes, 35% of the Time
(Temp Positions Only): Not applicable
HR Country Location: United Kingdom
HR Town/City Location : Manchester
For application please visit: https://www.agilent.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showLogin