EVISA responds to societal needs in that speciation measurements are vital to understand, monitor and control the impact of trace elements on humans, their environment and their quality of life. (see Why should it be done).
The primary aim of the Virtual Institute is to give industry and other costumers access to a wide array of expertise concerning speciation measurements by bringing together the most prominent European capabilities in the sector. For this reason EVISA will develop a highly interactive and innovative network operating to the advantage of its customers and its partners. Working at the crossroad of industrial demands, legislative aspects and academic developments, EVISA will provide services and promote activities, meant to serve
- industry in their process of establishing speciation solutions fit-for-purpose,
- policy and rule makers in their evaluation of the state-of-the-art of the current academic knowledge as the basis for the definition and promotion of the most effective legislation,
- researchers by empowering them to cooperate effectively, enhancing their mobility and promoting their education and training.
The main objectives behind EVISA’s activities towards these different customers and partners are the
- establishment of speciation related solutions in industry, meant to improve the quality of products, enhance the efficiency of the production processes and reduce the risk for their employees,
- establishment of standards, rules and legislation based on the development of the knowledge and expertise gained within the scientific community actively involved in species related research,
- promotion of methods and techniques for speciation analysis being fit-for-purpose and
- improvement of methods and techniques for speciation analysis with respect to the quality of information provided and their traceability.
EVISA has the ambition to be a world-wide well-known address where any customer can easily get answers of high quality to questions related to element speciation in a most effective way.