Exact mass LC/MS – Combine Accuracy and Sensitivity
Whether you want to characterize complex molecules or accurately screen large compound libraries, having exact mass measurement capability for identifying compounds is as important as having the sensitivity to detect them. The Micromass LCT Premier™ Mass Spectrometer enables you to combine sensitive LC/MS with simple, automated exact mass measurement, increasing confidence in your results.
The high quality data delivered by the benchtop LCT Premier can provide information on elemental composition, structural characteristics and excellent specificity for identifying your compounds in complex matrices or from a database search.
Exact mass measurement has never been easier.
Waters Micromass LCT Premier
LCT Premier – The Benchtop Exact Mass MS Solution
The Micromass LCT Premier is an easy-to-use benchtop mass spectrometer that uses a high resolution oa-ToF to enable automated exact mass measurements. This provides both accurate mass assignment but also a high degree of selectivity for identification of components in complex mixtures.
The rapid acquisition of full spectra from the ‘pulsed’ oa-ToF analyser also delivers excellent sensitivity across the full mass range, in comparison to the low duty cycle of traditional scanning instruments. The use of in-source collision induced dissociation can also yield structural information. This powerful combination delivers simple exact mass measurement for compound confirmation and identification of unknowns.
The Micromass LCT Premier micro provides a powerful platform for MS analyses, upon which total system solutions may be designed to maximise data quality for your application.
- Small footprint – powerful oa-Tof technology on your benchtop
- Exact mass measurement – sub 3ppm RMS with in-built lockmass correction
- High resolution – 10000 FWHM in Woptics mode
- Sensitivity – 10x increase over the previous LCT system
- ZSpray – dual orthogonal source technology for unsurpassed sensitivity and ruggedness
- Dynamic Range Enhancement - over 4 orders of magnitude for both exact mass measurement and quantitative analysis.
- Integrated syringe pump for lock mass infusion
- MUX-Technology – 4x or 8x parallel LC systems to a single LCT Premier, including exact mass capability
- IonSabre – high power APCI probe for enhanced sensitivity at high flow rates
- APPI – Photo-ionisation source for analysis of non-polar compounds
- ESCi – dual ionization mode (APCI + ESI) in a single analysis for comprehensive coverage of a wide range of compound classes
Automated Exact Mass Measurement
For exact mass measurements, good scientific practice dictates the use of a reference mass. This is achieved automatically using the LCT Premier’s integral LockSpray dual-electrospray source. The parallel acquisition of a lock mass from an infused reference compound corrects for any changes in environmental or experimental conditions over the course of an analysis, maintaining mass accuracy within 5ppm RMS.
Options are also available for low flow rates (NanoLockSpray) and high throughput parallel analyses (MUX-Exact Mass).