The Waters EMD 1000 offers mass detection to scientists who require additional sensitivity and specificity for their laboratory’s chromatographic systems. The EMD 1000 allows scientists to generate mass information in their own laboratories, minimizing the need to send out samples for advanced analysis, maximizing the knowledge gained from each sample analysis and increasing scientist’s confidence in their analytical results.
As the scrutiny of analytical results continues to increase, are you discovering the need for more sensitive and specific detection capabilities in your laboratory? The coupling of HPLC separations with photodiode array (PDA) detectionhas provided scientists with powerful sample information for years. Increasingly, however, scientists are finding themselves in situations where mass detection is a necessary complement to their existing LC/UV systems. Low intensity peaks, evidence of co-eluting compounds and the appearance of unexpected or unidentified peaks can bring the validity of LC/UV results into question. The increased sensitivity and enhanced specificity of LC/UV/MS systems provide the additional confidence you need to make the best decisions.
The Waters EMD 1000, a single quadrupole mass detector, offers the performance and robust capabilities you require for routine mass detection. By adding an EMD 1000 to an Empower™ or Millennium®32 4.0 controlled LC/UV system in your laboratory, you can decrease your detection limits and more confidently discern peak homogeneity and identity. For laboratories that operate under regulatory guidelines, the EMD 1000 can be seamlessly integrated into 21 CFR Part 11 compliant Empower™ or Millennium®32 4.0 controlled chromatographic systems.
Routine Mass Detection
For all your analytical applications, the Waters EMD 1000 enhances your current LC/UV system and is an affordable addition to your laboratory.
The EMD 1000 Offers:
- A small footprint (width x height x depth): 390 mm x 587 mm x 810 mm (15.4 in. x 23.1 in. x 32.0 in.)
- Mass range up to 1000 amu
- Empower or Millennium®32 4.0 Software control and information management
- Mass detection in a compliant, networked environment
- ZSpray dual orthogonal sampling interface for sensitivity and ruggedness
- Vertically-mounted liquid inlet probes for minimal tubing length and peak dispersion
- Electrospray (ESI) or Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization (APCI)
- Scan and single ion (SIR) acquisition modes