Easy to use, powerful, compact and robust – Spectrum Two™ is the FT-IR spectrometer of choice for everyone, everywhere. With fully integrated, robust universal sampling for trouble-free measurements and portability options, Spectrum Two is ideal for use in both laboratory and remote testing environments. Ideally suited to everyday analysis, you can confidently perform fast, accurate IR analysis and assure the quality of your materials across a wide range of applications. Choose the Spectrum Two + that combines a powerful industrial-grade touch screen with cloud connectivity to offer you maximum productivity.
IR for Everyone, Everywhere
Spectrum Two™ breaks ground in operational simplicity, combining superb performance with low maintenance design. True laboratory performance IR for everyday analysis is possible for everyone, everywhere.
The Spectrum Two is suitable for a wide range of applications and can be configured to your needs regarding the level of performance desired to meet the demands of your daily IR analyses. See the configurations table below for all available instrument options.
Spectrum Two FT-IR spectrometers feature:
- Standard, high-performance, room-temperature LiTaO3 (lithium tantalate) MIR detector with a SNR of 9,300:1
- Optional temperature-stabilized, high-performance DTGS (deuterated triglycine sulfate) MIR detector with a SNR of 14,500:1. Ideal for low-light, high throughput applications
- Standard optical system with KBr windows for data collection over a spectral range of 8,300 – 350 cm-1 at a best resolution of 0.5 cm-1
- Optional ZnSe windows, for use in exceptionally humid environments for data collection over a spectral range of 6,000-550 cm-1
- Standard AVC with optional APV/AVI configuration
Additional features that allow for consistent performance of this system include:
- Dynascan™ interferometer – Fixed mirror-pair interferometer design does not require dynamic alignment to compensate for errors.
- OpticsGuard™ technology – Unique humidity shield design protects Spectrum Two from environmental effects, allowing it to be used in more challenging conditions. Our long-life desiccant ensures maximum instrument uptime, regardless of where your analysis takes place.
- Atmospheric Vapor Compensation™ (AVC) – Features an advanced digital filtering algorithm designed to compensate for CO2 and H2O absorptions in real time removing the need for instrument purging.
- Automatic Performance Verification™ (APV) – Optional feature comprising an integrated, fully automatic filter wheel containing traceable reference materials and software allowing for abscissa, ordinate, noise, ASTM, and USP tests to be performed.
- Absolute Virtual Instrument™ (AVI) – Optional AVI standardization using gas phase methane spectra ensures instruments are accurately calibrated. Unique standardization allows data to be transferred precisely between instruments, side-by-side or in remote locations.
- Sigma-Delta Conversion – The use of Sigma-Delta converters in the digitization of the FT-IR interferogram improves the dynamic range, reduces spectral artifacts, and increases ordinate linearity to provide accurate, reproducible results.
For Every Application
PerkinElmer recognizes that every application is different. The result is a complete solution to provide the fastest assurance of the quality of your materials, regardless of the application. Some of the industry applications that the Spectrum Two is designed to accommodate include:
- Pharmaceuticals and Nutraceuticals
- In-service lubricants and fuels
For these specific applications, we offer various analysis systems and application pack add-ons. Spectrum Two is designed to function with a variety of “plug-and-go” sampling accessories to enhance the versatility of the instrument. We offer a range of UATR, HATR, Diffuse Reflectance, and Specular Reflectance accessories for use with the Spectrum Two system.
The Spectrum 10™ software supplied with your instrument enables you to control the instrument and to manipulate the spectra that you collect. The spectrometers can operate in ratio, single-beam, or interferogram mode.
From material and contaminant identification to quantitative analysis, the comprehensive Spectrum 10 software suite allows you to focus on what matters most – results. Designed for busy industrial or academic laboratories, this comprehensive FT-IR software package facilitates data collection, processing, and results generation. The software enables users without scientific training to generate infrared spectra from a sample and validate them against reference spectra in minutes, or even seconds. For regulated industries that demand secure IR quality testing, Spectrum 10 ES™ software is available. Spectrum 10 ES includes the comprehensive features of Spectrum 10 and encompasses user access control, audit trailing, data security, and data integrity to ensure secure analyses to meet the technical demands of 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
Collaborate From The Cloud
Spectrum 10 software with NetPlus™ cloud connectivity offers new sharing and collaborative tools that allow you to access data from any device, any time, from anywhere, and selectively distribute and download data and methods through the built-in publishing tool.
- Securely share data, calibrations, methods, and reports
- Collaborate by accessing IR data from any device, whenever and wherever it’s needed
IR Ready to Go
The compact and robust design of the Spectrum Two means that the instrument can be easily transferred between environments. The simple user-installation and fast warm-up time means that the instrument can be set up quickly. The wide range of sampling accessories available can help your analysis move out of the laboratory. With optional features such as wireless connectivity to enable portable PC control, or the Portability Pack featuring a carrying case, battery pack, and 12V car auxiliary port adaptor, the Spectrum Two is ready to go where you go.