LLA Instruments GmbH - LIPAN 3002 Laser Plasma Analyzer – Modular System (OEM-Version)
| Year of introduction
historical ( out of sale )
LLA Instruments GmbH
Spectrometer ( Atom. ): AES: LIBS
The LIPAN devices detect the composition of solid and liquid samples by LIBS – Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy. A laser beam focussed to the sample surface evaporates a tiny amount of the sample and excites it to the plasma. The light emitted from the plasma contains relevant spectral lines, emitted from the atoms and ions contained in the material. The measurement of the spectral lines describes the elemental composition in the plasma and resulting in the material itself. For a simultaneous detection of all relevant elements and to avoid spectra overlay a spectral range fro 200 – 780 nm is detected with a resolution of a few pm. This extraordinary high reoslution is obtained by using a special Echelle spectrometer, in combination with an intensified CCD-camera system.
The measuring principle pemits the detection of main and trace elements within a few seconds. The use of a laser for excitation permits the analysis of all material without time consuming sample preparation. Protective gas is not required.
LIPAN generally consist of:
- Sample chamber
- Q-switched Nd:YAG-laser for sample excitation
- Optics for focussing the laser beam onto the sample surface and for collimation of the light emitted from the plasma
- UV-VIS-Echelle spectrometer with ICCD-camera
- Framegrabber with analog-digital-converter for ultrafast storage of images
- Fast-pulse-generator for control and synchronization of ultra-fast measuring process
- Industrial PC and interfaces for periphery devices and network integration
- Operational software for device control and data collection, based on WINDOWS
- Analytical software for dialog controlled and automatic qualitative and quantitativen analysis, based on WINDOWS (Applications: Metal Alloys, Glas, Food Analysis, Contaminants in Wood)
- 19” rack configuration of laser power supply, electronic control board and optical analyser unit
- OEM-system with separated components for industrial process integration.
- Adaptation to particular needs of user and the corresponding plant.
- Separate measuring head for sample excitation and collimation of plasma emission is placed on the conveyor belt/material flow.
- Integrated energy monitor for measurement of individual laser pulses
- Motorized attenuator for automatic correction of laser pulse intensities (remote control)
- Spectral determination of plasma temperature via Boltzmann plot
Solids and liquids. No sample preparation. Measurement under normal atmosphere.
Q-switched Nd:YAG-laser; pulse length 6 ns; repetition rate 10-20 Hz
350 x 500 x 200 mm (w x h x d); fix distance to sample adjustable between approximately 250 to 450 mm
Spectral range 200 to 780 nm simultaneously measured; linear dispersion per pixel 5 pm at 200 nm to 19 pm at 780 nm
Image intensifier and CCD-camera:
CCD-Array Kodak KAF-1001 (1024x1024 pixel) with gateable iage intensifier (MCP); temporal resolution approximately 20 ns; on-chip integration time for photo electrons up to 3 min. Double correlated sampling, stabilization of temperature
Fast Pulse Generator:
Programmable TTL-pulse generation for temporal control f laser and camera; laser shot control; control of image intensifier of the ICCD camera, line binning
Framegrabber with ADC:
16 bit ADC; frequency 500 kHz; programmable line and pixel binning
Processor AMD K6-3, 550 MHz; RAM 128 MB; HDD min. 20 GB; Floppy drive 3 ½’’; 1 MB Video-RAM, built-in VGA-LCD-display (10.4-TFT’’); built-in keyboard
By serial commands of the system control. The SPS with control console is designed customer-defined.
User-defined software for qualitative and quantitative multi-element-analyse, development of a customer-defined analytical program for device / plant control.
external monitor, printer, Ethernet
Temperature 10 C to 30 C, relative moisture 20 % to 80 %
Temperature for storage:
Control cabinet 550 x 850 x 650 mm (w x h x d)
230 V, 2000 W (optional 110/120 V, 60 Hz)