GBC Scientific Equipment Ltd. - INTEGRA XMP
| Year of introduction
historical ( out of service )
GBC Scientific Equipment Ltd.
Spectrometer ( Atom. ): AES: ICP-AES
The Integra XMP simultaneous/sequential ICP provides fast and powerful solutions for laboratories with high-volume routine analytical requirements.
The instrument incorporates total computer control of all instrument functions, and can be run unattended to fully exploit their high sample throughput capabilities.
The thermostatted 1.0 m Paschen-Runge vacuum polychromator can be fitted with up to 60 channels, according to individual user requirements. The XMP, with the addition of a high-resolution 0.75 m Czerny-Turner monochromator, ofters the extra flexibility to analyse at any wavelength from 160 to 800 nm.
The XMP includes the following outstanding features:
- Mass Flow Gas Control. Precise control of each of the torch's three argon gas flows using mass flow technology guarantees the ultimate in plasma stability and measurement precision.
- Unparalleled Optical Stability. Integra's thermostatted polychromator system achieves outstanding optical stability to give you confidence in your analytical results.
- Unique 2-or 3-Axis Viewing Adjustment. Computer controlled adjustment of the plasma viewing position ensures precise alignment of each optical channel and optimization of viewing height for maximum performance.
- Total Computer Control. With all instrument parameters under computer control, including plasma ignition, power, gas flows and viewing height, Integra XP/XMP can be rapidly optimized for any analysis.
- Unique Demountable Torch. Integra's efticient torch design provides outstanding performance at low gas flows and low power.
- Efficient RF Generator. Integra's 40.68 MHz RF generator, combined with the high efficiency torch, provides the highest energy transfer from the plasma to your sample, oftering superb performance and stability for all matrices.
- Comprehensive Service Diagnostics. Integra's extensive use of diagnostic meters and built-in service software ensure rapid fault-finding.
- Outstanding Vacuum Performance. Vacuum operation is provided as standard, allowing analysis in the VUV region, including the most sensitive AI, P, S, N, and B wavelengths.
|Dimensions (w x d x h in cm) ||179 x 129 x 142 |
|Weight (kg) || |
|Power ||Single phase, 3 kW, 30 A, 220/240 V, 50/60 Hz |
I: Fully thermostatted, shock mounted 1.0 m Paschen-Runge vacuum polychromator. Fitted with up to 60 channels. Entrance slit width 20 microns. Exit slit width 50 or 75 microns depending on application.
II: Fully thermostatted, shock mounted 0.75 m Czerny-Turner monochromator with optional vacuum pump.
I: 1440 lines/mm; blazed at 587 nm
II: 1800 lines/mm;
|Optics ||Entrance optics are fully achromatic, using a toric mirror for high light throughput; vertical range 15 mm above coil, horizontal alignment range: ± 4 mm |
|Wavelength range||160 - 840 nm |
|Background correction||The primary slit may be scanned ± 2.5 nm around the reference position. Minimum step size 0.001 nm. |
I: 11/17/33 pm for third/second/first order
II: 9/18 pm for secdond/first order
I: up to 60 channels; side-mounted photomultiplier tubes selected for sensitivity and wavelength range, anode voltage is user-selectable for each channel in 9 steps between 540 and 1000 V.
II: Dual photomultiplier system employing a R166UH solar blind tube for UV detection and a R446 wide band tube for the visible region.
|Detection mode || |
|Read out|| |
| || |
|ICP generator ||crystal-controlled, air cooled generator; power stabilized to better than 0.3% for 10% mains variation; solid state driver with vacuum tube output stage; Fully computerized auto-ignition |
|Frequency (MHz)||40.68 |
|Power (Watt) ||2000 |
|Load coil || |
|Torch ||Fully demountable, enables easy maintenance and selective drop-in replacement of the glassware|
|Argon flow (L/min) ||11 |
|Sample introduction||concentric nebulizer, with glass cyclonic spray chamber; computer-controlled dual channel 12-roller pump, at 0-50 rpm.|
Auto Fast Pump setting for rapid washout.
|Operating system and software ||MS-DOS; Application software for ICP and Are/Spark source instruments. Includes comprehensive facilities for spectrometer control, data acquisition, manipulation and reporting. Menu-driven for ease of operation, with context-sensitive help screens to assist the operator. A spectral line library is included, with Background Equivalent Concentration and interference conditions for the most common lines. Provision for diagnostics, method development and step-by-step or fully automated instrument operation (using optionall autosampler). Includes a simulation mode to facilitate training or familiarization.|
|Computer ||GBC Data Station, IBM PS/2 or AT-compatible, allows access to third party software. System configuration includes 1 Mb RAM , 1.2 Mb floppy disk drive, 40 Mb hard disk drive, two serial ports, one parallel port, VGA colour monitor |
|Short term precision (RSD for 10 replicates) || |
|Long term precision (RSD for 4 hours) || |
|Sensitivity || |
|Detection limits (3s, µg/L)|| |
| Accessories ||autosampler, hydride generator and HF-resistant nebulizer.|
|Special features || |