Bruker Daltonics - autoflex II & autoflex II TOF/TOF
| Year of introduction
historical ( out of sale )
Mass spectrometer: MALDI
|autoflex II TOF/TOF
From a few samples to a few thousand, the autoflex II is the workhorse for high-success expression proteomics, advanced biomarker discovery and functional genomics.
High productivity and efficiency
Succeeding the well-established autoflex system, the autoflex II incorporates various performance, electronics and software enhancements, and can be upgraded on-site to full TOF/TOF capability.
Intuitive instrument control
The autoflex II operates within the powerful Compass software environment. Compass offers a seamless link with the most comprehensive bioinformatics software suite in the industry.
The microtiter plate format of the MALDI sample target guarantees full compatibility with the biochemical lab and is essential for high-throughput sample preparation (e.g. on map II/8 or PROTEINEER dp robot). The powerful proprietary AnchorChip technology provides homogeneous, exactly-positioned samples on the MALDI target for robust and rapid automated data collection, as well as a sensitivity boost by up to two orders of magnitude.
Reliable long-term operation
All system components have been designed and tested for maximum life and minimum wear. The service concept includes automated self-diagnosis routine and remote service capabilities.
High-success Protein Identification
The autoflex II TOF/TOF enables high-throughput protein identification by MALDI-TOF peptide mass fingerprinting, immediately followed by more detailed protein characterization using MALDI-TOF/TOF tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) on the same prepared sample. The PROTEINEER and PROTEINEER-LC system solutions provide efficient workflows for both 2D gel based and LC based approaches.
Advanced Biomarker Discovery
The autoflex II is the system of choice for high-resolution peptide and protein biomarker discovery, identification and validation. The integrated CLINPROT solution provides automatic magnetic bead based sample preparation and software tools for data analysis, visualization and statistical model building.
The autoflex II is an integral part of the GENOLINK solution for functional genomics. In a combined PROTEINEER/GENOLINK environment, the autoflex II supports combined genetics, gene expression and proteomics approaches and thus opens new ways of discovering disease markers and drug targets.
- scoutMTP™ Ion Source with state-of-the-art pulsed ion extraction (PIE™)
- Long lifetime nitrogen laser with variable repetition rate
autoflex II TOF Analyzer
- Patented AnchorChip™ MALDI target technology for fast automation, increased sequence coverage and 10–100 fold sensitivity increase over stainless steel target holder
- MALDI targets in 384 and 1536 microtiter plate format
- Target identification via transponder or optional barcode reader
- Compatible with Bruker Daltonics’ sample preparation robotics
autoflex II TOF/TOF Analyzer
- High resolution reflectron configuration or optional linear only version available
- Optional MS/MS capability with autoPSD (automated post-source decay) including pre-cursor ion selection device
- Modular design allows for future upgrades to TOF/TOF
Compass™ software suite
- Innovative TOF/TOF technology (LIFT™) enables the use of various MS/MS techniques (e.g. LID, high energy CID) for fast and sensitive MS/MS experiments
- Patented gridless ion source and reflector design
- flexControl™ module for quick and easy instrument control
- Fuzzy-logic based AutoXecute™ engine for on-the-fly optimization of spectral quality
- flexAnalysis module for automated and interactive data analysis, including integration with BioTools™, ProteinScape™, ClinProTools™, GenoTools™, and search engines
- Optional Compass Security Pack™ for work in regulated environments (21CFR part 11 compliance)
- Remote on-line service capability via WebEx Internet sessions
- Extended self diagnostics
- Supplementary IQ/OQ/PV procedures available
- The autoflex II is fully integrated with Bruker Daltonics’ system solutions