Bischoff Analysentechnik und -geräte GmbH - Multiwavelength Detector DAD-3L
| Year of introduction
Bischoff Analysentechnik und -geräte GmbH
Chromatography: LC-Detector: Diode Array
|The DAD 3L is manufactured under ISO 9001. Its features offer great benefits not only for routine but also for research and preparative applications:
- Three wavelength channels
- The instrument allows the independent selection of 3 wavelength channels between 190 and 395 nm. The signals of these channels are available simultaneously with a settable frequency between 0.2 and 20 Hz.
- Diode array technology allows high sensitivity combined with highest baseline stability
- The detector uses the diode bunching technique to increase signal to noise ratio. This means for each channel an independent selectable number of up to 60 diodes can be “bunched” to improve the signal to noise ratio.
- Internal reference channel
- Beside the 3 signal channels a reference channel can be defined to eliminate lamp energy instabilities, which may occur with instable current input. The diode bunching option is also available for the reference channel.
- Ratio channel (ch1/ch2) for peak purity check in real time
- The ratio between channel 1 and channel 2 which is calculated by the detector itself is a available as continuous signal on a separate channel. Data are provided with the same frequency as in the other channels.
- Analogue integrator and recorder output for all signal channels
- All 3 signal channels and the ratio channel have separate analogue integrator (1 V/ 1 AU) and recorder outputs (100 mV).
- Recorder output range is free selectable between 1 mAU and 2000 mAU.
- Stand alone Detector for any HPLC system
- To integrate the detector into an existing HPLC-system a marker port with in- and output option (5 mV / 10mV) and an input for the auto zero via contact closure is available.
- RS 232 interface for full access to all parameters
- The 9 Pin RS232 port allows a full remote control and data transfer via PC. This interface is also used when the instrument is integrated in a BISCHOFF HPLC - System. To write own control software the Syntax for all commands is documented in the manual.
- Upgrade to full Diode Array Detector is possible
- Easy lamp replacement
- The Bischoff Deuterium lamps come pre-aligned. The combination with the special lamp holder make lamp changes very easy. There is no need for tools.
Number of diodes:
By selectable reference channel
Auto zero range:
-0.001 – 1.999 AU
4 Recorder outputs:
0 - 100 mV
+ 1 nm
4 Integrator outputs:
0 - 1 V/AU
+ 1 nm
Analytical flow cell Optical Path:
Baseline noise at 230 nm:
(cell filled with water) + 0.00002 AU
Preparative flow cell Optical Path:
(incremental in 0.001 AU steps)
Pressure limit of the cell:
5 MPa (= 50 bar)
Deuterium lamp with elapsed time indicator. Characteristic life time is 1000 hours
Input by 8 push button keys
by contact closures auto zero marker
via RS 232 all functions
110/220V ± 10%
+15°C up to +30°C
Optical Unit DAD 3L-OU
Height 155 mm
Width 260 mm
Length 480 mm
Weight: 12,8 kg
Electronical Unit DAD 3L-EU
Height 130 mm
Width 260 mm
Length 400 mm
Weight: 4,0 kg