The contrAA® 800 G combines the high precision of the transverse heated graphite furnace with all advantages of the High-Resolution Continuum Source Atomic Absorption Spectrometry (HR-CS AAS).
The transverse heated graphite furnace ensures:
- Optimum conditions for reducing matrix effects
- Precise determination also of refractory elements
- Uniform temperature distribution
- Lower atomization temperatures
- Decreased gas phase interferences
- Linear, rapid heating rates
- Minimized memory effects
A graphite furnace autosampler integrated into the overall concept of the basic instrument enables automated sample preparation and –analysis. Furthermore contrAA® 800 G can also be operated with an optional sampler for solid AA® (direct analysis of solids).
ASpect CS has been specifically developed for multi-element analysis with the contrAA®. In addition to a fast sequential determination of different elements in one sample several element lines in the spectrum window can be analyzed simultaneously. Automatic optimization routines find the optimum measuring conditions for every application. Automatic correction routines (ABC) provide a simultaneous correction of complex structured background. Spectral interferences are resolved using matrix correction spectra (CSI).
ASpect CS – Your Benefits
- Simultaneous multi-element analysis
- Free definition of the integration range of each line
- Simultaneous background correction
- Efficient correction of spectral interferences
- Easy creation of analytical methods for one or several elements
- Optimization routines for optimal measuring conditions
- Manipulation-protected data storage
- FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
ABC — Automatic Baseline Correction
The unprecedented ABC algorithm for background correction convinces by automatically fitting a global baseline to the entire spectral background. Unlike conventional correction methods, contrAA® allows to visually verify the background correction within the HD Spectrum. Confidence in the measured values is increased as you can see what you measure!
CSI-Software-Tool – Correction of Spectral Interferences
Although spectral interferences are reduced to a minimum due to the high spectral resolution of the contrAA®, sometimes spectral interference caused by matrix elements or molecular bands have to be corrected. The CSI software tool allows for an easy and efficient correction of such interferences. Thanks to its patented least-square algorithm CSI is the most powerful tool for correcting spectral interference, thus improving detection sensitivity, method robustness and productivity of your analytics.
By coupling graphite furnace and hydride technique (HydrEA) contrAA® 800 G can be applied for the determination of hydride forming elements, such as antimony, arsenic, bismuth, selenium, or tin.
Coupling of graphite furnace and hydride technique
solid AA® — Direct solid AAS
- SSA 6 z — manual solid sampling system
- SSA 600 — fully automatic solid sampling system with integrated microbalance
- SSA 600L — fully automatic solid sampling system with integrated microbalance and liquid dosing accessory